Method Man & Redman - Big Dogs
EPMD - Manslaughter
Keith Murray - The Most Beautifullest Thing in This World
Jamal - Keep It Real
Ludacris - Hip Hop Quotables
Questionmark Asylum - Hey Lookaway (Erick Sermon Remix)
D'Angelo - Me and Those Dreamin' Eyes of Mine f/ Redman (Erick Sermon Remix)
Jodeci - Get On Up (Def Squad Remix)
Chico DeBarge - Soopaman Lover
Redman - Tonight's the Night (Remix)
Redman - Pick It Up
Jay-Z - Reservoir Dogs
Shaquille O'Neal - I'm Outstanding
Erick Sermon - Stay Real
Erick Sermon - Stay Real (remix)
EPMD - Crossover
EPMD - Never Seen Before
Redman - Funkorama
Kapone - Get Down To It
EPMD - Headbanger
After disco, but before hip-hop became a major phenomenon, when afros gave way to jheri curls, this is the music we partied to from around '77 to '87. It's all about activator, body rolls and synthesizers. Here's an introduction via DJ Jahsonic and our friends at SoulBounce.
1. Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F.
2. Cashmere - Let the Music Turn You On
3. Newcleus - Jam On It
4. Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force - Renegades Of Funk
5. Trilark - Check It Out
6. Change - A Lover's Holiday (A Jim Burgess Mix)
7. Five Star - All Fall Down
8. Masurrati and Huey Harris - Super Duper (Lovin), Don't Stop
9. Lee Ritenour - Countdown (Captain Fingers)
10. Liaisons Dangereuses - Los Ninos Del Parque (12' Mix)
11. Stephanie Mills - Put The Body In It
12. Lenny White & TwennyNine - Peanut Butter
13. Evelyn "Champagne" King - I'm In Love
14. Donald Byrd - Love For Sale (Album Version)
15. Prince - Controversy
16. Jesse Johnson - Be Your Man
17. Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F.
Axel F kicks off tomorrow night with Jahsonic, Adrian Loving and DJ Stylus and continues every last Saturday of the month after that as part of ThePeoplesParty.
Axel F launch
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Liv | 2001 11th Street NW
FREE ALL NIGHT!
no dress code, but period appropriate attire will earn you more friends and fun.
A party celebrating the best in champagne soul, jheri curl funk and nu wave music from past and present. Our philosophy is the funkier, synth-ier and crazier, the better. Starting at LIV on January 15 and then every last Saturday of the month.